{Alice in Wonderland Photo Shoot} Welcome to Our Wonderland!

Last weekend, I had the pleasure of collaborating on a creative photo shoot with Laura Winslow Photography. I was asked to style an Alice in Wonderland tablescape and surroundings. Giddy with excitement, I rolled out of bed at 4:15am to load up the car and head to the shoot. It was held at the estate of a well known family in our area. It couldn’t have been more gorgeous! What an experience! The entire shoot went off without a glitch, thanks to Laura’s organization and fabulous attitude. The girls (and one boy!) showed off gorgeous clothing and accessories. The flowers and baked goods topped off the table perfectly!

I never imagined it would turn out quite this beautiful…..

Thank you to all of the fabulous vendors involved in the styling portion of the shoot!

Photographer :: Laura Winslow (Gilbert)
Tablescape Styling/Accessories :: The TomKat Studio
Cupcakes & Cookies :: Decadent Delights (Gilbert)
Poms, Lanterns, Napkins, Cups & Paper Plates :: Polka Dot Market
Flowers :: Zuzu’s Petals (Mesa)
Hair Accessories :: Dolce Vita Mia (Gilbert)
Tutus :: Tiny Belles Boutique

To view MORE PHOTOS and a complete list of clothing & additional sources,
plea
se visit Laura’s full post
HERE!
The Alice in Wonderland Party Collection is now available in The TomKat Studio SHOP!
  1. Jordan - Polkadot Prints

July 23rd, 2010 at 9:13 am

This is just gorgeous Kim! Love it, so eclectic, fun and vibrant! You did a great job of styling!! xo

2. jess @ pen n' paperflowers

July 23rd, 2010 at 10:22 am

Beautiful Kim…The color scheme is fun, the mix of eclectic flowers for arrangements caught my eye. And do tell me about the large flower attached to the end of the table. Speaking of the table…one of my favorite elements – under that beautiful tree!! Everything turned out so pretty.

3. Blush Envy

July 23rd, 2010 at 11:21 am

Amazing! Vivid, ecclectic, gorgeous, and it looks like a lot of fun~

4. Sweetly Sweet

July 23rd, 2010 at 11:52 am

This is AMAZING Styling and AMAZING Photography! I really think you were born to do this! Congrats on an awesome job! I think this will redefine the way people think about birthdays… I really do! And I am so glad to be a witness of it!

5. Susan @ Entertain Exchange

July 23rd, 2010 at 12:14 pm

How fun and what an amazing job you all did!

6. JannaScraps

July 23rd, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Kim- love your stuff! You have a flair for designing parties and styling them to a T! Really enjoy your blog! Take care!

7. Butterfly Baby Place

July 23rd, 2010 at 12:30 pm

What a beautiful party! Laura Winslow is SO talented, as well!

8. Michelle @ West 35th Baby

July 23rd, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Beautiful, Just Beautiful!!!!! You are all SO very talented…. I can spend hours on your blog, I love it!!!!

9. pretty smitten

July 23rd, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Beautiful!! The colors are amazing

10. Susan Crabtree

July 23rd, 2010 at 2:42 pm

GORGEOUS design & photography!

11. citygirl - Stacey

July 23rd, 2010 at 3:20 pm

That must have been a fun experience! Everything looked great – so colorful!

12. Kristy

July 23rd, 2010 at 4:20 pm

I bet that was SO much fun! The images are beautiful and the colors are so gorgeous!

13. Emily

July 23rd, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Kim

It was SUCH an honor to be a part of such an amazing shoot! I just wish we lived closer so I could have been there first hand!! Im so proud of you! And all the adventures that lie ahead ūüôā

Em

14. The Cake Pop Company

July 23rd, 2010 at 5:01 pm

So beautiful Kim! I love all of the bight colors and the photos are amazing.

15. Julie @ My Life...Inspired

July 23rd, 2010 at 5:21 pm

How Beautiful!

16. Shelley@DivinePartyConcepts

July 23rd, 2010 at 5:23 pm

So very beautiful!!!

17. Bird

July 23rd, 2010 at 5:29 pm

What a great collaboration!! Wonderful job!

I love the table centrepiece with that large sunflower!!

Well done!!

18. Save the Date for Cupcakes

July 23rd, 2010 at 6:03 pm

I loved it Kim! I was wondering where the shoot took place too! You always give up the good deets;o) Thanks for sharing!

19. Andrea Ofiara

July 23rd, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Just beautiful!!

20. swankychicfete

July 23rd, 2010 at 10:14 pm

omg everything is gorgeous! wishing for a baby girl of my own now…

21. Jacqueline Long

July 24th, 2010 at 12:04 am

AMAZING! One of my favourite items on the table is the cupcake stand that looks like it has jewels like a chandelier! Where did you get something like this?

22. mommy extraordinare

July 25th, 2010 at 5:43 am

So honored to have been a part of the shoot! You are so inspiring and I love your work. Cheers to more fun projects together!

xo Abby
    Suburban Stash Design

23. Amy @ BlowoutParty

August 2nd, 2010 at 2:01 pm

What a gorgeous and colorful party! Whimsical and exciting!

24. Christa

September 10th, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Beautiful! I love the paper cups! Where can I get my hands on some?

25. Alice in Wonderland Parties |

February 16th, 2011 at 6:43 pm

[…] Alice In Wonderland Modern Chic Tea Party. When you combine¬†Lauren Winslow photography and¬†The TomKat Studio together = one Fierce party. ¬†Check out this explosion of bold beautiful colors. ¬†I think I might […]

26. {202 Magazine} Glam Camping Collection! | The TomKat Studio

February 16th, 2011 at 11:22 pm

[…] at the incredible estate belonging to¬†a local family. This was the same location we used for our Alice in Wonderland photo shoot. I was so excited when I arrived to see this amazing old wagon that I could use as my dessert […]

27. Alice in Wonderland Parties |

February 23rd, 2011 at 4:57 pm

[…] Alice In Wonderland Modern Chic Tea Party.¬†When you combine¬†Lauren Winslow photography and¬†The TomKat Studio together = one Fierce party. ¬†Check out this explosion of bold beautiful colors. ¬†I think I might […]

28. Jade

February 24th, 2011 at 6:46 am

This is great! I wish I would have seen this site before hosting my daughter’s 6th birthday, which was an “Alice in Wonderland” theme! I love the bright colors. Thought I’d post some other ideas in case any of you are hosting an “Alice” party. We had a long Mad Tea Table set up in the back yard. Alice in Wonderland’s soundtrack played “I’m late, I’m late” as guests scurried up the sidewalk to our front door where they went through the “rabbit hole” where Alice and guests awaited them on the other side. When the guests got to the table, they were frantically instructed to “paint the roses red”. We had cheap faux white roses in vases with paintbrushes and washable red paint (emphasis on washable!) and let the children do a little painting as the Red Queen (my mom) stood by igasping in horror. After that, the guests were treated to tea party fare as the Mad Hatter entertained them. We were lucky enough to have the Mad Hatter (unfortunately it was not Johnny Depp) come and entertain the chidren for one hour. After tea time and entertainment it was already time to cut the cake and eat cupcakes all adorned with “Eat Me”. The guests left with a brightly colored top hat, a tea bag, and a teapot necklace for the girls. This was a party for both boys and girls alike! Another idea I had planned if we would’ve had the time, was to buy those cheap pink yard flamingos (turn them upside down and tie the metal stakes together with floral tape and ribbon) and some balls and play “croquet”. That would be another fun activity for an “Alice” party!

29. lina

March 27th, 2011 at 4:19 pm

`its more a flower party than it is as a alice in wonder land party (N)

30. {Published} Photos from Alice Shoot featured in 202 Magazine! | The TomKat Studio

May 13th, 2011 at 2:08 pm

[…] you remember Laura Winslow & I’s very first collaboration last year? It was a beautiful Alice in Wonderland inspired photo shoot, featuring clothing from some of the most amazing children’s designers. It was my first […]

31. Entertaining: Make Your Party Personal with Silhouettes « Design Happens

July 19th, 2011 at 2:14 pm

[…] While all of the examples that I compiled use muted colors with dark silhouettes, you can also find silhouettes used in more whimsical and brightly colored themes, like this collection I designed. […]

32. Toni

July 27th, 2011 at 2:49 pm

This is so cute, it looks unreal. The ography is wonderful!

33. kam

June 22nd, 2012 at 11:01 am

where did you get all of the bright colored vases/compotes? i’m doing a baby shower and would love to use something like these. Beautiful tablescape!

34. Down the Rabbit Hole... / iCustomLabel Blog