Creative Camping Birthday Party {Featured Parties}

Our talented reader, Lauren never ceases to impress us! When she sent us the photos from this super fun camping themed party, we knew we had to share. You may remember the Art Party that Lauren threw for her daughter Cameron or her Memorial Day Party filled with amazing details. This party was for her son, Davis, who turned five. Last summer, Davis went on a camping trip with his dad and came home announcing that he wanted a “tent party”. That was all the push Lauren needed to get started, and the theme “Camp 5 Rocks” was born. So, sit back and enjoy all of the wonderful details of this fabulous party!

How adorable is this watermelon “porcupine”? Lauren found him on Pinterest, and knew he would be perfect for the party! Pinterest is such a wonderful site for finding party inspiration and ideas.

Beautiful job, Lauren! The thoughts and details that you put into your parties are truly astounding.

Thank you for allowing us to share this with our readers!

Cake :: Dorie Kinney
Food Labels/Banner :: Nellie Designs

Looking for a camping party theme for girls? Check out our Glam Camping Collection!

Our new Camping Collection is coming to the shop soon! {as seen in Parenting Magazine}

1. Lisa

October 6th, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Very Cute…. My son would love a party like this… to bad the poor little guys birthday is in January…

2. Kim Naiman

October 6th, 2011 at 12:19 pm

What a fantastic idea. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity. 🙂

3. Ceilidh

October 6th, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I love the porcupine and the smores candy apples. Yum!

4. Erika Cox

October 6th, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I love this! My daughter’s birthday is in February, but I am thinking of moving the cars out of the garage & setting up a tent w/ the TV out there w/ the dessert table out there!!!!!!! I think you can do an INDOOR camping party for SURE!! 🙂 I love it!!! I love the camp tshirts! I want to do that for sure 🙂 My daughter will be 11, I think this party is original & still fun for that age group!

5. Anne

September 10th, 2012 at 8:01 am

Hello! I was reading through this and saw your post. I was wondering if you were able to do this party and how it went? My daughter is turning 11 and wants a party like this..

6. stevie

October 6th, 2011 at 2:01 pm

What an awesome party! The s’more apples look delish!

7. Nicki

October 6th, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Love this!

8. NICHCOLE

October 6th, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Wondering if you would mind sharig the recipe to the smores apples and where you found the wooden tiered desert stand?
    Great Job!!!

9. Lauren

October 7th, 2011 at 7:01 am

Hi Nichole,
    I got the s’more candy apples at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I wish I could say I made them!! I got the wooden tiered dessert stand from Pottery Barn. It’s still available right now if you want it. I think they call it a farm stand??

10. Marisa

October 6th, 2011 at 11:04 pm

This is absolutely amazing! One of the most clever, cute and detailed parties I have ever seen! Great job!

11. Crosby

October 7th, 2011 at 5:20 am

Great Job Lauren! Looks like a party everyone wants to come to!

12. katie s

October 7th, 2011 at 7:03 am

Oh WOW! That is so cute and amazing! What a lucky little boy!

13. Joelle Rebmann

October 7th, 2011 at 10:31 am

The smores caramel apples look wonderful…and that cake! I just love it. What a talent she is, and such a cute family, too!

14. Andrea @ Paper-Charmed

October 7th, 2011 at 12:37 pm

love the porcupine watermelon. love everything!

15. Amanda

October 9th, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Wow!! I’m in LOVE!! So amazing Lauren! Such great detail! Im sure everyone had a blast at this party!

16. nellie*design

October 10th, 2011 at 7:15 am

It was so much fun for me to see the final photos from this party! I contributed the party printables for Lauren, so only had a small idea of some of the details she had up her sleeve… but man, was I blown away by the finished product! Great party Lauren! 🙂 Your son and all the party guests were very blessed by your creativity!

17. Ashley

November 8th, 2011 at 7:40 pm

LOVE everything!! I have been looking for the personalized “Camping Gear” knives, forks and spoons for my sons birthday party! Would you mind sharing where you got those from? I can’t find any that can be personalized like those are!! Thank you SOOO much! -Ashley

18. SHANNON

March 6th, 2015 at 3:33 pm

I would like to know where to get the personalized wooden cutlery sets. Is the Camp 5 Rocks available as printables?
    Thanks
    smp

19. N. Rose

November 22nd, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Love the ant photo/note holders. Would you mind sharing where those were purchased?

20. Kristin

January 9th, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Hi!

Love your camping party. My son turns 7 in Feb and we definitely want to do this. I was wondering where you found the t-shirts and what activities did you do?

Thanks for your help.

21. Maria Boada

January 23rd, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I am planning a camp-out party for my son in May. I love all of the printables and party details; like the cut log platters and red ant place card holders…where did you find these?

22. Kheri

June 28th, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Did you ever find the log font or how to get those cute printables?
    My party is next week and I would love to have some of those.

23. Leslie

April 12th, 2012 at 10:54 am

I have been looking all over for those ant card holders-where can I find them?

24. Cynthia

May 14th, 2012 at 6:12 pm

What did you have for the bug bites on the table. I can see the sign, but not what kind of good it is.

25. Whitney

May 29th, 2012 at 11:11 am

What activities did the kids do?! Love this party, I’m hoping to recreate something similar for my son! Thx!

26. Nikki Zigler

June 11th, 2012 at 3:06 pm

What a creative soul you are, just amazing! Can you tell me who did the t-shirts? My son is turning 7 and we are doing a camping party in 2 weeks, he is so excited! Thanks.

27. Renee Stewart

June 24th, 2012 at 1:32 pm

loved the decorations and everything would you mind sharing your resources and anything else you think would be helpful. My three year old daughter is having a camping themed 4th birthday party. I can use all the help I can get. Anything would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Renee’

28. Dina

July 19th, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Love this!! I am having a camping party next month for my son. Where did you get the wooden utensils? An what did you use for the bug bites?

29. Erica Reinhart

October 30th, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Such a cute party idea! Love the theme~ definitely going to throw this one out as an option for him this year

30. Tyeshi Hernandez

January 2nd, 2013 at 5:11 pm

hi I wanted to know exactly whats in the dirt cups and how did you make those smores apples

31. Carole

April 3rd, 2013 at 12:43 am

Love the idea! What did you use for the backdrop? How to hold the polka dot fabric?

32. robert

July 6th, 2013 at 1:04 am

hello guys!! i want to say about decorations. Since your party will be in the backyard there is really no need for decorations as the great outdoors will do your decorating for you. What you can do is set up your backyard to resemble a campground with tent, fake log fire, sleeping bags, camp chairs and anything else you might see in the wilderness.

33. Sara boniske

October 6th, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Can you tell me where you had the silverware stamped with great very cute log font? Thanks so much

34. kym

October 11th, 2015 at 7:19 pm

I was wondering where you got the wooden flatwear too?

35. Up Your Hosting Game – Present Perfect

February 22nd, 2017 at 10:11 am

[…] been featured on top party planning blogs and websites, including Bloom Designs Online, Amy Atlas, The TomKat Studio, Hostess with the Mostest, and The Party […]