Rainy Day Crafts for Kids for DIY Network

craft project for girls cupcake liner flowers

Cupcake Liner Flowers + Tin Can Vase

We recently worked on another fun project for DIY Network! The assignment was to come up with fun, crafty ideas to keep kids busy on rainy days! With the volume of freelance projects we are working on these days, I asked Molly from our team to take the lead on this one and she did an amazing job. We are sharing 3 project tutorials for girls and 2 for boys! Find all of our Rainy Day Crafts for Kids here on DIY Network or click photos below for individual project instructions.

printable paper dolls tomkat studio for diy network

Printable Paper Dolls and Clothing Templates

potato stamps cards free printable templates

Potato Stamps and Card Templates

craft ideas for boys
 Marshmallow Catapult

crafts for boys

Straw + Paper Airplanes

We hope you like the ideas we shared and that your kids will too!

See all of the tutorials here on DIY Network, along with projects from my sweet friend, Kori!

photography by jessica downey

1. Tina Dahl

February 21st, 2013 at 9:53 am

LOVE these cute ideas Kim!!! I can see Kate doing the potato stamps and Jake loving the marshmallow catapult!!! Thanks so much for these 🙂

2. CraftCrave | Blog | Scrapbooking Tutorials (large): Friday, 22 Feb 2013

February 21st, 2013 at 3:35 pm

[…] Rainy Day Crafts for Kids for DIY Network – 1 freebie(s)? […]

3. Brenda

February 23rd, 2013 at 7:17 am

These are such great ideas! We are going on day 4 at home (after getting a ton of snow) and creative ideas for entertaining the kids were much needed! The marshmallow catapult is so fun – and I love the airplane idea! Thank you!!

4. Fat Quarter Friday {Doll-ee Dress-up}

March 15th, 2013 at 12:26 pm

[…] had so much fun doing it that I just had to share it with all of you. I saw a similar idea over at The Tom Kat Studio and thought it would be lots of fun to do with the kiddos. I am always looking for fun crafts to […]

5. Mrs Ann Stutchbury

July 13th, 2014 at 9:58 am

Wanted the paper doll printables but can find no link for them!

6. Kim

July 13th, 2014 at 10:07 am

Here is the link to download the paper doll printables: http://www.diynetwork.com/decorating/how-to-make-paper-dolls-with-downloadable-patterns/pictures/page-2.html

7. Mary Catherine

October 7th, 2014 at 10:36 am

The download is not at this link…I printed these out last winter for our girl scouts & we have some new girls & I wanted to give them the same paper dolls for their kaper chart. Can you please send me the link to the download? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!!

Mary Catherine

8. Kim

October 7th, 2014 at 11:50 am

Hi Mary,
    The links for the downloads are in the caption of that photo on that link! Let me know if you are unable to find it! Thanks, Kim

9. Top 10 Lists for Pinterest Crafts for Kids

September 29th, 2014 at 1:34 pm

[…] We recently worked on another fun project! The assignment was to come up with fun, crafty ideas to keep kids busy on rainy days! With the volume of freelance projects we are working on these days, I asked Molly from our team to take the lead on this one and she did an amazing job. We are sharing 3 project tutorials for girls and 2 for boys!…More at Rainy Day Crafts for Kids for DIY Network | The TomKat Studio […]