My sweet friend, Glory from Glorious Treats recently published her first book, Glorious Layered Desserts! I was thrilled when she asked me for a quote about the book and I’m so honored that it is published inside. She surprised me by including me in the acknowledgments, as well. Amazing how much can happen in a few years… I originally contacted her in 2009 when I was planning my BFF’s daughter’s snowflake party and asked permission to feature her gorgeous blue snowflake cupcake photo from Flickr. She didn’t even have a blog at that point! Now here she is, an author with a super popular blog! I am so proud of her!
We decided it would be fun to make one of the many amazing recipes from her new book, so I chose the Cookies & Cream Cheesecakes! They were SO yummy….and oh so cute in new little glass jars!
Here is the recipe…
Makes 4-6 servings
1. Prepare and back chocolate cookie crumble and cool.
2. Prepare creamy whipped cheesecake. When the cheesecake mixture is complete, add 1/3 cup chocolate cooke crumble and blend until well combined.
3. If desired, prepare whipped cream.
4. Assemble the desserts by adding about 2 tablespoons chocolate cookie crumble to the bottom to the bottom of each dish. Top crumbs with a layer of cheesecake. (Assembly may be easiest if you fill a large ziploc bag with the cheesecake, cut off one corner of the bag, and squeeze of the cheesecake into the dishes.)
5. Add another layer of chocolate cookie crumble and then another layer of cheesecake.
6. If desired, top with a dollop of whipped cream and piece of cookie.
7. Store the desserts in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Best when chilled about 15 minutes. Enjoy within 4 hours of assembly for best texture.
Chocolate Cookie Crumble
Makes 2 cups
17 chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreos)
3 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Use a rolling pin to crush cookies (cookies and cream) in a large ziplock bag. Or, if desired, chop the cookies in a food processor. Using a food processor will produce finer crumbs. It’s up to you how small you want the crumbs or if you want t leave a few pieces larger.
3. Place the cookie crumbs in a large bowl.
4. Melt butter in a small bowl in the microwave.
5. Pour melted butter over cookie crumbs and stir until crumbs are evenly moistened.
6. Spread crumbs onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
7. Store crumble in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
Makes 3 cups
2/3 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
1 8oz block cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. fresh lemon zest (optional)
2 Tbsp. milk
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream until in begins to thicken. While mixing, slowly add 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Continue to beat until mixture is thickened and hold a stiff peak. Do not overbeat or it will become overly thick and clumpy. Scoop into a bowl and put in the refrigerator.
2. In the empty mixer (no need to wash), add cream cheese and beat until smooth. Continue mixing and add remaining podered sugar, vanilla, and lemon zest (if desired). Add milk and beat until well combined.
3. Stop mixing and gently fold in (with a spatula) the cold whipped cream. Fold together until just combined.
4. Use immediately, or cover and keep in the refrigerator up to 1 day.
Makes 2 3/4 cups
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Chill the bowl and beater (whisk attachment) of your electric mixer by placing them in the freezer about 5 minutes. This will help your cream whip up faster and fuller.
2. When the bowl has chilled, pour cream into bowl and begin whipping on medium-high speed.
3. When the cream is beginning to thicken, slowly add the powdered sugar, while continuing to beat.
4. Add vanilla, while mixing.
5. The whipped cream is done when it has more than doubled in volume and, when you stop the mixer and lift up the whisk, the cream stays in place.
6. Do not overmix or the cream will become too stiff, will become clumpy, and will begin to turn into butter.
7. Use whipped cream immediately, or keep in the refrigerator up to 4 hours.
Please use the widget below for easy entry!
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to our email list to keep up with our latest projects, listings, blog posts and giveaways!