Our House Reveal: Master Bedroom Coffee Bar

coffee bar upstairs master bedroom

One of my favorite features of our remodel is the coffee bar in the master bedroom! Our master bedroom is upstairs, so it is very convenient to have the coffee bar there so I can have my coffee before getting out of bed. My husband even gets it started for me so I’m motivated to get out of bed. Here is what this space looked like when we bought the house…

coffee bar before

I know we’re talking about the coffee bar, but I’m sure you couldn’t help but notice that mauve TUB. Amazing right? Ha! Stay tuned for our amazing bathroom remodel!

Okay, back to the coffee bar. I put together this inspiration board when I started dreaming of my cute coffee station.

coffee bar inspiration

sources

coffee bar 1  |  coffee mug  |  first I drink sign  |  wood coffee sign  |  coffee shop  |  coffee bar 2  |  caffe art  |  coffee bar 3

coffee bar upstairs in master bedroom

It’s fabulous, right? Of course, I needed a mini fridge to house my favorite creamer and water bottles, and I found this cute black retro style one. (I love Costco by the way. Wait until you see what else I got there for the remodel!)

stay awake art lindsey letters

This darling hand-lettered sign I ordered from Lindsay Letters is just perfect for the space!

matte black modern cabinet handles

And of course, a little pop of black and white stripes never hurt anyone. I adore my kitchen towels from Jones Design Co

coffee station at home

Here is the “before” image, a couple of “during” images and the completed project!

coffee bar remodel progression

What do you think?

Would you put a coffee bar in your bedroom?

Design + Styling  |  Kim Stoegbauer, The TomKat Studio
Photography  |  Rennai Hoefer
Cabinetry  |  MasterBrand Cabinets
Sink + Faucet  |  Blanco
Countertop  |  Tipperary Quartz
Cabinet Hardware  |  Amazon
Patterned Tile  |  Merola Tile

coffee bar ideas

faucet  |  but first, coffee sign  |  faux succulents  |  coffee mugs  |  striped towel  |  sugar bowl  |
creamer  |  mini-fridge  |  stay awake print  |  hand soap  |  brew book

THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS THE TOMKAT STUDIO MAY RECEIVE PAYMENT IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE USING LINKS IN THIS POST. THE TOMKAT STUDIO HAS RECEIVED PRODUCTS FROM MASTERBRAND CABINETS AND BLANCO IN EXCHANGE FOR PROMOTING, HOWEVER ALL OPINIONS STATED ARE OUR OWN AND WE ONLY PROMOTE PRODUCTS WE LOVE.

1. Kim

August 29th, 2017 at 2:17 pm

definitely yes! That’s pretty much the place we drink our coffee so it makes perfect sense. I’m wondering if previous owners had a small sink there for same purpose. I love it kim!

2. Kim

August 30th, 2017 at 7:41 am

It’s so convenient! I love having it there so much!

3. Mimi

August 29th, 2017 at 3:08 pm

I was waiting for this post – and you did not disappoint! It turned out cuter than all your inspiration photos combined. Well done! And thank you for including the link for the towels, because I have been on the hunt for some black and white ones for my kitchen. It looks fabulous and now I’m going to wake up dreaming about coffee in bed tomorrow 🙂

4. Kim

August 30th, 2017 at 7:41 am

Thank you so much, Mimi! I’m so glad you like how it all turned out! Those towels are the cutest, right? xoxo

5. Andrea Urban

August 29th, 2017 at 3:13 pm

Where can I find details about those floating shelves, I have 2 nooks in my house that need those desperately. HELP!

6. Kim

August 30th, 2017 at 7:42 am

Hi Andrea!
    The floating shelves came from our cabinet company, Cabinetry by Diamond (a MasterBrand company). They match the cabinets perfectly!

7. LISA DOMINGUEZ

August 30th, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Absolutely stunning ! what a great party/coffee place! you are so talented! great job and thanks for sharing for all us HGTV addicts!

8. Kim

August 30th, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Thank you, Lisa!!

9. Tina Dahl

August 30th, 2017 at 3:53 pm

LOVE this cozy little nook Kim….and so beautifully designed! Who wouldn’t want to wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee….um , ME!!!! XOXO

10. Kim

August 30th, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Thank you, Tina! I’d love to make you a cup of coffee here! 🙂

11. Muriel

August 30th, 2017 at 5:06 pm

I absolutely love it! So well done. We’re getting ready to undergo a whole-house renovation…architect, interior designer, builder and all plans are in place. A master bedroom coffee bar never entered my mind because I gave up coffee, but I’d drink it again if a coffee bar was in my future!!! I opted for a fireplace in our master. Enjoy your coffee bar…it’s stunning!!!

12. Kim

August 31st, 2017 at 7:28 am

That is super exciting, Muriel! Thank you for your sweet words!

13. Michelle Barry

August 30th, 2017 at 6:51 pm

I would love that!! Looks Beautiful!!

14. Kim

August 31st, 2017 at 7:28 am

Thanks, Michelle!

15. Jill

August 31st, 2017 at 1:02 pm

Absolutely perfect!
    Love the simple & clever design elements and classic colors.
    I can almost smell the coffee…!

16. Ingrid

September 8th, 2017 at 2:42 pm

As European I would never consider a coffee bar in my bedroom, assume this is typically us / American way of living…..but the decoration is nice.

17. Lily

September 12th, 2017 at 7:22 am

What paint color did you use on walls and baseboards? I love how it turned out!

18. Kim

September 12th, 2017 at 8:57 am

Hi Lily! We used Dunn Edwards Cloud on the walls, and Swiss Coffee on the baseboards/trim.