Easy Oreo Truffle Recipe + Printable Label & Recipe Card

My BFF, Kristi made delicious Oreo truffles for her sister’s baby shower a few weeks ago, and I LOVED them. I couldn’t stop eating them before, during and after the shower. I was chatting with Kristi and told her they would be great holiday neighbor gifts and then laughed at myself because her & I are neighbors! Ha! I couldn’t wait to see if she would make them, so I decided to make them myself for a girls night out party I hosted last week. They were quite easy and again, so yummy. As part of the Holiday Headquarters series, I thought I would share the recipe from allrecipes.com, along with a Printable Recipe Card and Label!

Oreo Truffle Printable Recipe and Label – Tomkat Studio

Easy Oreo Truffles

Ingredients

• 1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
  • 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted

Directions

• Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
  • Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
  • Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.

For even more tips and ideas on holiday entertaining, visit these other fabulous experts. I’m collaborating with these talented women to bring you our Holiday Headquarters blog hop to share inspiration for for the holidays! See what these ladies have in store below, and follow us on Twitter using #HolidayHQ.  We’ll be hosting a live chat on Twitter this Thursday at 8pm EST – join us!

The Gracious Girl |  Holiday Parties, Let Your Heels do the Walking
Housewife Bliss |  Salt Dough Ornaments
Second City Soiree |  A Bright and Whimsical Christmas Table
Tatertots & Jello |  Holiday Party Mantel
With Style & Grace |  Holiday Sweet Treats & Homemade gifts, minus the gluten
The Daily Basics |  Christmas Cupcakes, Cake Ball and and Cookie Baking Supplies
Celebrations at Home |  The Kids Christmas Table
Partybluprints Blog | Ring In The New Year Right with Brunch

1. New Years Brunch 2012 – Ring It In Right! « partybluprintsblog.com

December 5th, 2011 at 12:44 pm

[…] #HolidayHQ Blog Hop: Tatertots and Jello – Inexpensive Holiday Party Mantel The Gracious Girl –  Holiday Parties, Let Your Heels do the Walking Housewife Bliss |  Salt Dough Ornaments Second City Soiree |  A Bright and Whimsical Christmas Table Tatertots & Jello |  Holiday Party Mantel With Style & Grace |  Holiday Sweet Treats & Homemade gifts, minus the gluten The Daily Basics |  Christmas Cupcakes, Cake Ball and and Cookie Baking Supplies Celebrations at Home |  The Kids Christmas Table The TomKat Studio |  Easy Oreo Truffles with Printable Tags & Recipe Card […]

2. Patisserie Paris

December 5th, 2011 at 12:45 pm

YUmmm…these look and sound super yummy!

3. December Holiday Headquarter Blog Hop and #HolidayHQ Twitter Party! « partybluprintsblog.com

December 5th, 2011 at 12:46 pm

[…] and Cookie Baking Supplies Celebrations at Home |  The Kids Christmas Table The TomKat Studio |  Easy Oreo Truffles with Printable Tags & Recipe Card On December 5th, 2011 Loading… var MarketGidDate = new Date(); […]

4. Lisa [With Style and Grace]

December 5th, 2011 at 1:16 pm

These looks so good and love the printable recipe cards, too cute!

5. Crecia

December 5th, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I was actually planning to make these for my daughter’s teachers this year. I love that I can now include the recipe and label. What do you suggest printing these on?

6. Kim

December 5th, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Hi Crecia! I recommend printing all of our printables on heavyweight matte photo paper or bright white cardstock!

7. Jamielyn@iheartnaptime

December 5th, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Love these printables! SO cute! Thanks Kim!

8. Kim

December 5th, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Thank YOU, ladies!

9. Monica

December 6th, 2011 at 11:19 am

I love the Peppermint-Ornate Shape! How fun is that?!?!

10. Megan

December 7th, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I have been wanting to do these for so long. Can I ask a stupid question? What do I do with the oreo’s filling? Do I scrape it off or just leave it? Thanks.

Megan

11. Shannon B.

December 16th, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Leave the filling in! Just throw the whole cookies in the processor- it works like magic!

12. renee unsworth

December 7th, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Thank you so much for this recipe and labels! I’m having family from out of town at my home this weekend for an early Christmas celebration and decided to use the Gingerbread party printables (I’m also using them in a few weeks for a cookie-decorating party!).

Could you tell me the name of the font used on the labels?

I want to make place settings for my nieces and nephews. Thank you!!!

13. Patty

December 8th, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I love this recipe. I am using this on my Foodie Friday post today!!

Our Adventures in Big Ole Texas with a shout out to your wonderful printables too!!

14. jan

December 10th, 2011 at 10:11 pm

I have the same question as Megan – do I include the Oreo filling in this recipe, or do I scrape it off before crushing the cookies? I would love to make this, but have this unanswered question. Thanks for any info on this.

15. Joanna

December 13th, 2011 at 5:15 am

I have the same question about the filling… When it says “divided” does that mean separate the cookie from the filling??

16. Shannon

December 13th, 2011 at 11:38 am

These are not as easy as I thought. I made the truffles without too many issues however, when I tried to “dip” them the melted chocolate was all goopy. It wasn’t very easy to dip them. I gave up after about half the truffle ‘batter’. Any suggestions ?

17. Shannon B.

December 16th, 2011 at 11:49 pm

These are very difficult to dip at room temp. The best way I found to successfully dip, is to refrigerate the filling balls first for at least 30 minutes. Once they are firm and cold they are MUCH easier to coat with chocolate quickly and they hold their shape!

18. Terrie Denny

December 17th, 2011 at 12:17 pm

try freezing the oreo truffles for 15-30 minutes BEFORE dipping. that may work better so the batter is firm enough that it won’t “goop”

19. Shannon B.

December 16th, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Also, leave the filling in in the cookie. When they talk about dividing, they just want you to use some of the cookies to make crumble to sprinkle on top of the truffles, and some of the cookies to make crumble for the filling. When I made these, I didn’t actually divide the cookies at all. I just processed them all together and removed a small portion of the crumble before adding the cream cheese to reserve for ‘sprinkling’. Hope that helps!

20. kristi

January 13th, 2014 at 3:51 pm

If you take a wire coat hanger and bend a small ring on one end then fashion the other end like a spoon with the handle bent up like a ladel it is very easy to dip, roll and lift out of your chocolate. They make a candy loop but why buy if you can make. Google image it and make your own

21. Shannon B.

December 16th, 2011 at 11:58 pm

You can also make these with Nutter Butters, Peanut Butter Oreos, Mint sandwich cookies (like Peppermint Joe Joes), etc.! Yum!

22. Ashli

December 23rd, 2011 at 1:00 am

Awesome recipe and idea! I just attempted to make these and it was not as smooth as I thought it would be. How did you melt your chocolate and successfully dip your truffles? I’ll be trying some more tomorrow; hopefully they come out better!

Thanks for the awesome recipe!

23. Lynn D

February 29th, 2012 at 12:54 pm

WOW!!!! Is all that I can say. I am so overwhelmed by how much is offered on this page that I have no idea where to start because I want to do it ALL! I’m also very impressed as I’ve been reading other’s comments and how quickly you are to reply to each and every one of them. I am so glad that I happened upon this page but now the family is going to have to pull me away from the computer. Once I decide where to start I a sure that you will be hearing from me as I always need help with something. Thanks again for such an awesome page!
    Regards,
    Lynn in RI

24. Sheet Sets

April 5th, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Hello there, simply turned into aware of your weblog via Google, and found that it’s really informative. I am gonna be careful for brussels. I will be grateful in case you proceed this in future. Numerous people will likely be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

25. Karie

July 23rd, 2012 at 7:11 pm

I have made oreo truffles before and they are too good to keep around!! Thanks so much for the adorable printable. I will definitely be using these for the holidays!

26. Kim

July 23rd, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Aren’t they the best! I’m obsessed with them! 🙂

27. Handmade Gift Guide: Gifts From The Kitchen | Talk Crafty To Me

December 14th, 2012 at 10:17 am

[…] Oreo Truffles – These easy Oreo truffles make great holiday neighbor gifts, and the cute labels are free to […]

28. Britany

December 17th, 2012 at 5:45 pm

I just made these for a Christmas party, but modified them a bit using Candy Cane Joe Joes from Trader Joe’s (http://www.amazon.com/Trader-Joes-Candy-Cane-Joe-Joes/dp/B00306KHZO) instead of regular Oreos. I also sprinkled crushed candy cane pieces on top instead of the Oreo crumbs and they turned out just as good, if not even more festive for the holidays! Thanks again for sharing the recipe and the cute printable to go along with it!

29. 16 Delicious Oreo Recipes

August 12th, 2013 at 12:00 am

[…] 11.  Easy Oreo Truffle Recipe & Printable Labels ~ These little Oreo Truffles make an irresistible edible gift for neighbors. Download and print the recipe card and label for an easy all-in-one gift. […]

30. Peanut Butter Oreo Cookie Pops :: Holiday Recipe | The TomKat Studio

November 20th, 2013 at 9:51 am

[…] this time two years ago, I became addicted to Oreo Cookie Truffles. I mean seriously, these things are so delicious. You can get the standard recipe (and free […]

31. Round Up: Favorite Holiday Dessert Recipes - Mom it Forward

December 9th, 2013 at 4:16 pm

[…] Oreo Truffle Recipe from The TomKat Studio […]

32. 16 Easy Edible Gifts to Make with Printables | Tip Junkie

October 1st, 2017 at 6:33 am

[…]  Easy Oreo Truffle Recipe ~ These little Oreo Truffles make an irresistible edible gifts for neighbors this holiday season. […]