Easter Egg Hunt + Egg Decorating Party for HGTV

welcome sign 2

Good morning, friends! I am so egg-cited (giggle, giggle!) to share our latest project for HGTV with you! This Easter Egg Hunt and Egg Decorating Party for Kids is filled with fun ideas, free printables, DIY crafts and recipes! Though you usually see pastel colors for Easter decor and parties, I thought it would be fun to change it up this year and go with a bright color scheme. The designs are bold and modern incorporating fun fonts, simple circles and adorable silhouette animals! From printable bunny ears to polka dot Easter baskets, visit the full feature here on HGTV to download all of the free printables and tutorials for all of the crafts and decorating ideas!

easter egg hunt starting line

easter dessert snack table for kids

cupcake flags 4

m k 2

lunch baskets

lunch 4

mia hunt 2

kate hunt 2

mia hunt 3

Click here to view the full feature on HGTV for printables, tutorials + recipes!
tomkat easter party supplies
You can find these party supplies in our shop!

party styling/designs/party supplies :: the tomkat studio
photography :: rennai hoefer, ten22 studio
polka dot cookies, cake pops :: inspired occasions
lunch food styling :: baked by joanna
cake pop box :: blumebox

1. Serra @ MommyDecorates.com

March 20th, 2013 at 10:14 am

Kim, Seriously – This is so CUTE!! Great job gals 🙂

2. Tina Dahl

March 20th, 2013 at 11:57 am

So cute Kim, just love the bright and fun colors!!!

3. lisa-sweet pop studio

March 20th, 2013 at 2:24 pm

SO CUTE! I love the berry baskets painted with the bunny sandwiches & fruit! The cupcake wraps are adorable and look fab with your printables!

4. renee

March 20th, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Thank you for the Easter party inspiration … just love the bright colors and printables! … and the berry basket lunches are just the cutest!!!

5. Lorie

March 21st, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Very cute! Just a quick question, where did you find the pink flower head band? So adorable

6. bree

March 21st, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Where did you find the darling white pokadot buckets?

7. Friday Fun Finds – An Easter Basket Filler Special » littlewhitespace.com.au

March 23rd, 2013 at 5:09 pm

[…] Fun with friends over Easter. […]

8. Easter Egg Hunt and Decorating Party - Baked by Joanna

March 25th, 2013 at 7:16 am

[…] with great food and the fact that I was lucky enough to work with The TomKat Studio on their Easter Egg Hunt and Decorating Party for HGTV.com. It was another wonderful experience filled with colorful creativity and my delicious […]

9. 30 Easter Printables

March 26th, 2013 at 7:24 am

[…] And from the TomKat Studio… […]

10. Minimoi » Ideas para la fiesta de Pascua » Minimoi

March 27th, 2013 at 1:00 am

[…] Ahora sólo me falta decorar un poco la terraza de mis suegros (dónde montaremos la búsqueda) por lo que he mirado un poco a ver qué encontraba por internet. Hay auténticos profesionales de las “Easter Egg Hunt” así que hoy os dejo con una de las decoraciones que más me ha llamado la atención la de The TomKat Studio. […]

11. Kimberly

March 29th, 2013 at 6:32 am

I loved these ears and used the free printout to create another project for my girls and I. It came out super cute and I’ll feature it tomorrow on a post. I’ve also added your site as my inspiration.

You’re so creative.

Kimberly

12. Angela

March 29th, 2013 at 1:07 pm

This is so cute. I definitely want to do this with my kids next year.

13. Anissa

March 30th, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Beautiful and simple party! Love it! How did you do the bows on the mason jars?

14. Minimoi » Cool ideas for Easter Egg Hunts » Minimoi

April 4th, 2013 at 12:51 am

[…] grandparents terrace (where the hunt will take place). So here are some very cool ideas taken from The TomKat Studio. […]

15. Laurie

February 24th, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Such a cute party…. and the buckets solve a lot of our Easter basket woes…. where did you get the actual galvanized bucket? I’ve been looking, but they’re all different. I really like the style and size of yours!! I wanna COPY!!! Please! :>

16. Laurie

February 24th, 2014 at 8:52 pm

I did find one pretty similar at Home Depot, but it was $10 for one! Is that what you paid?!

17. Ashley

April 8th, 2014 at 7:14 am

I only see a few of the printables on the HHGTV website. I am not able to find the banners and “Welcome to Our Easter Egg Hunt” printable. Any suggestions?

18. Kim

April 9th, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Here are the links: (you’ll see the file link at the end of the photo captions)
    Invitation http://www.hgtv.com/entertaining/host-a-kids-easter-egg-decorating-and-hunt-party/pictures/page-2.html
    Welcome Sign http://www.hgtv.com/entertaining/host-a-kids-easter-egg-decorating-and-hunt-party/pictures/page-3.html
    Banner http://www.hgtv.com/entertaining/host-a-kids-easter-egg-decorating-and-hunt-party/pictures/page-4.html
    Cupcake Toppers http://www.hgtv.com/entertaining/host-a-kids-easter-egg-decorating-and-hunt-party/pictures/page-6.html
    Party Circles http://www.hgtv.com/entertaining/host-a-kids-easter-egg-decorating-and-hunt-party/pictures/page-7.html
    There are a few more, just scroll through the slideshow for them all!

19. Debora Glover

March 26th, 2015 at 1:58 pm

I still don’t see anything about the white buckets? Where can I find those?

20. Kim

March 26th, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Here is the HGTV link for the DIY instructions for the easter buckets: http://www.hgtv.com/design/make-and-celebrate/handmade/make-a-polka-dot-easter-bucket

21. Jennifer

April 12th, 2014 at 6:22 pm

I am in LOVE with this collection of printables!
    For some strange reason, when viewing the slideshow with the free printables on HGTV’s site, I cant access page 15 (which has the start banner that I’m dying to print!). Is anyone else having this problem?

I am able to view all the other pages and print all the other printables, but while loading it just completely skips page 15 and goes to page 16. Can someone please help me?

Thank you!!

22. Kim

April 13th, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Thank you, Jennifer! I just emailed the “start” banner to you!

23. Corinne Chiu

March 31st, 2015 at 11:26 am

Hi Kim, would you be able to email the “Start” banner to me too? I’m having trouble accessing it as well. Super cute!

24. Kim

April 1st, 2015 at 9:16 am

Just emailed it to you!

25. Kristen

April 1st, 2015 at 10:08 am

Hi Kim, Can you email the start banner to me as well? It’s so cute!

26. EASTER CAKES THAT WILL MAKE YOU SAY “YUM!” | SWEPTCRAZY

April 17th, 2014 at 6:00 am

[…] source: 1 | 2| 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | […]

27. Natalie

March 18th, 2015 at 7:23 pm

I love you Easter egg hunt party – especially all of the cute touches and color palette. I was wondering if there was a printable for the Easter bunny ears or at least a template. I went through the HGTV slide show a number of times, but can’t seem to locate links to anything listed above. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but would appreciate any guidance you can give. Thanks in advance!

28. Molly

March 23rd, 2015 at 10:40 pm

Thank you so much! This is one of our favorites! Here is a link to the bunny ear patterns: