{Sweet Customers} Hamilton's Vintage Circus First Birthday Party!

We knew that Ali Wood was a fantastic photographer, but now we know she’s a fabulous party stylist too! She hosted this incredibly detailed Vintage Circus party for her son, Hamilton’s 1st Birthday! She used our new Circus Candy Collection and did such a beautiful job! Ali’s mom is super crafty and creative and made most of the decor! My favorite part of the party? The adorable, little MONKEY {named Mikey} that visited the party! How fun!  Enjoy Ali’s gorgeous photos and find sources at the end of this post!

Thank you so much for sharing this incredible party with us, Ali!

Photography & Styling :: Ali Wood Photography
Hamilton’s Outfit :: Hip Hip Hooray
Kennedy’s Outfit :: Zozobug Baby
Banner, Party Circles, Fancy Labels & Favor Tags :: The TomKat Studio

Click here to view Ali’s photo slideshow for even more fun photos!
The Candy Circus Collection is available in the SHOP!

1. Stephanie

March 8th, 2011 at 6:56 pm

AMAZING…….!!! Absolutely amazing! Great photos! Thanks for sharing this!

2. Kristen Anderson

March 8th, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Wow!!! LOVE!!! Amazing!!!

3. Miss Meg

March 8th, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Hamilton looked so adorable!!!

Must say though I feel sorry for that little monkey : (

4. Deb Harvey

March 8th, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Beautiful! Great photos!

5. Nancy Pfeifer

March 8th, 2011 at 10:16 pm

WOW! LOVE this party! It looks like a blast! Wish I would have been invited….LOL

6. Hollie Eastman

March 8th, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Love the letters/banner…a little freaked out by the real monkey, but really cute decorations=) Hollie

7. Jen

March 9th, 2011 at 12:36 am

I love all of the featured parties you show but rarely comment as so often on the run! I just had to say that I wasn’t a fan of the monkey. I feel bad for commented with a negative.. but it’s a bit over the top to me and hard for the poor monkey (sorry!!)

8. Jen

March 9th, 2011 at 12:37 am

oops, I mean ‘commenting’..

9. Ceilidh Smith

March 9th, 2011 at 5:02 am

Wow…what a great looking party!

10. renee unsworth

March 9th, 2011 at 6:58 am

Photos and decor are gorgeous … I love the TomKat Candy Circus Collection too. But I have to admit, the monkey was in too many of the photos and too close to the kids. I guess he/she was well behaved, but they can bite. Yike!!!

11. jennifer

March 9th, 2011 at 8:58 am

I happen to be one of the lucky people invited to this wonderful party! Ali ALWAYS has the most incredible and creative parties you could ever imagine. The monkey Mikey was loved by ALL the guests. His owner has raised him as if he were one of her children. NO ONE at the party had any problems with Mikey. He was only there a short while and it was sad when he had to leave. His owner is very protective of him so you all need not worry or feel sorry for Mikey. He lives a royal life! I appreciate you posting this fabulous party! It was amazing and Ali is an amazing photographer. The decorations were like none other and I loved all the things she purchased from Tom Kat! By the way Mikey does not have any teeth;))

12. renee unsworth

March 10th, 2011 at 8:52 am

Thanks for your post. I was wondering if the monkey had teeth … he looked a little gummy while licking those lollipops! I’m sure the kids were thrilled with the monkey, as my kids probably would be. I guess I shouldn’t have been so worried, but something about wild (but domesticated) animals just worries me. Thanks again!!

13. Carmon Smith

March 9th, 2011 at 9:26 am

How cute is that! The look on that little girls face sitting on the table with that monkey is PRICELESS!

14. Rachael

March 9th, 2011 at 12:16 pm

WOW! That is one cute monkey and what an amazing party!!

15. Hannah

March 9th, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Wow! That is such a CUTE monkey! And a CUTE party!

16. Lisa

March 9th, 2011 at 3:46 pm

I really like those clown vases! Wish I could find some of those. And all the colors are terrific!

17. Alison Nevans

March 10th, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I am having a vintage circus themed party for my son, Jack, in May and am so glad to have seen your pics! This party was beautiful!!! I would love to get Mikey for my sons…any information on how to contact them would be appreciated!

18. Deana

March 12th, 2011 at 11:10 am

Love the theme and decor! I especially like that accordian polka dotted garland in the first picture, how can I find/make one of those? I stumbled upon your website while surfing the net for Pirate themed party decor ideas. I would love to make a garland for my mantel just like Ali’s. Any tips would be appreciated!
    Thanks! Love your work!

19. lia

March 12th, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Love love love your blog and all your inspiration!
    Thanks
    Lia

20. Birthday Party Ideas

March 13th, 2011 at 3:04 am

Amazing! Great photos!

21. Lauren

April 29th, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I would LOVE to know where you got the vintage cutouts in the first picture on the mantle. I am having a vintage circus themed 1st birthday party for my son in Sept. and would love for those to be apart of the center peices on the tables!

22. kids birthday party games

May 31st, 2011 at 8:53 am

its looks like a wonderful birthday party…food,music,dance and some kids birthday party games are also necessary to make a birthday party memorable…

23. April

October 21st, 2011 at 11:29 am

I was wondering where she got all of the vintage circus decor, other than Tom Kat. Its soooo difficult to find ANY circus anything here in Louisiana!! And feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

24. Tanya

October 23rd, 2011 at 1:43 pm

25. Cara

January 2nd, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I love the vintage circus cutouts on the mantle. I’ve searched all over for something like this. Do you know where she found those. Need them soon! Party on Jan. 14.
    Thanks!

26. Mom Blog – Birthday Party Ideas

February 9th, 2012 at 11:46 am

[…] you imagine if we had a monkey at her party?  My daughter would freak out.  Come on, a monkey in a suit? Who does that? It’s […]

27. Circus Birthday Party Ideas | How To Throw Kids Circus Party

March 23rd, 2013 at 8:18 pm

[…] Banner/Foyer Design This banner designs, along with the vintage cut-outs of a circus troupe add a delicate flair to the party. This mom decorated her party using TomKat Studio’s Circus Candy Collection. And yes, having a monkey (or a even clown) does make everything even more spectacular – we’re sure these kids had a blast at this amazing party. […]

28. Colin Gouldman

December 11th, 2013 at 12:51 pm

David, you don’t receive copies of the previous letters. As the letters go forward that number could possibly be in the hundreds. But if there’s a particular letter send us an email and maybe we can figure something out.

29. ワンピース 七分袖

October 1st, 2014 at 9:34 pm

ワンピース 七分袖

Sweet Customers Hamilton’s Vintage Circus First Birthday Party! – The TomKat Studio