Hoppy Easter Cookies :: Easter Ideas

We are so excited to have Marian from Sweetopia joining us today to share another fabulous cookie decorating tutorial! You’re going to love this one!

From Marian :: Provide your chocolate Easter bunny this year with a little company with these homemade Easter Bunny sugar cookies! He’s sure to like them and the thrill of the Easter egg hunt will be even more sweet (pun intended), when the children in your life find them too! The TomKat Studio’s adorable Bunny Love Easter Printables go perfectly with these cookies or any Easter celebration!

If you’re thinking you won’t be able to make these, think again! They’re fun and easy to make once you have some simple instructions.  I’ll show you how to decorate them below.

To begin, you’ll need:

If you need some more guidance, a good place to start is with this Cookie Decorating Tutorial and two videos on Icing Consistency and Flooding Cookies.

Step 1: After you’ve baked and cooled your cookies, you’re ready to decorate.

Step 2: Outline your cookie with royal icing, using a #3 piping tip. I left the bunny ears until afterwards, as I find it easier to flood the larger area first.

Step 3: Flood the outline with icing.

Step 4: Outline the ears and fill them in.

Step 5: Once the icing on the bunny has dried, pipe a dollop of icing for a tail, using a #3 tip. Sprinkle on the non-pareils right away.

Step 6: Adhere the ribbon with a dab of icing, and pipe the eye and nose with a #2 tip. Thanks to the The Flour Pot Cookie Book for the ribbon idea.

Once your cookies have completely dried, package and add tags, if you like.

I attached the tags to cellophane bags and used these mason jars as an Easter centerpiece.

Feel free to come join me on Sweetopia for more decorating fun!

Hoppy Easter!

xo, Marian

The Bunny Love Collection is ON SALE in the shop!

1. Jennifer

March 21st, 2012 at 9:37 am

What tip did you use to do the lamb fur? Did you thicken the royal icing to do it? I just LOVE it..and would like to do them for Easter!

2. Marian

March 22nd, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Hi Jennifer, I used a #14 Wilton tip. There’s a post on how to make it today, on my blog. They’re fun and easy to make too – enjoy!

3. kelly

March 21st, 2012 at 12:48 pm

So, so cute! I love the shape of this bunny…I haven’t seen this shape before. Did you hand cut these or do you mind sharing the source for your cutter?

4. Marian

March 22nd, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Hi Kelly, It’s actually a Wilton cutter which came in an Easter set. I will go and add the link above right after this…

5. kelly

April 5th, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Thank you! It’s just so much cuter than any I’ve ever seen…might have to make this set part of my collection!

6. Kimmie

March 21st, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Gorgeous, such a cute idea of the lamb in the jar!

7. Tina Dahl

March 21st, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Kelly: here is a cutter I found that is similar to the one used above:

8. kelly

April 5th, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Thank you, Tina! Another cute cutter…I love CopperGifts.com!

9. How to Make Cute Easter Bunny and Lamb Cookies | Sweetopia

March 22nd, 2012 at 3:43 am

[…] this little guy, I shared my Easter bunny cookie over at The TomKat Studio, with these adorable Bunny Love […]

10. Hollie

March 23rd, 2012 at 6:37 am

Lovely cookies… perfect for Easter!

11. Heather @ Glitter and Gloss

March 26th, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Adorable!

12. Easter Mason Jars

March 30th, 2012 at 5:46 am

[…] Cookies in a jar from Sweetopia via The Tom Kat Studio. […]

13. Lemon & Lime Event Design » Blog Archive : little bunny cookies great for Easter

April 2nd, 2012 at 9:48 am

[…] to the Tom Kat Studio for sharing pictures of these cute bunny and lamb cookies! make them this […]

14. barbara

February 27th, 2014 at 9:57 am

I want to know how long you let your frosted cookies dry before packaging. Do you put parchment paper between each cookie so the frosting doesn’t get all “funny” ? Thank you so much for getting back to me.

15. Marian (Sweetopia)

March 11th, 2014 at 8:47 am

Hi Barbara,
    It does depend on the humidity in your area, but generally about 12-24 hours. Here’s a video for you on drying cookies if you like; http://sweetopia.net/2012/01/video-how-to-dry-cookies-decorated-with-royal-icing/

16. 6fs87g5sd9nf5mwtd5sm8s

October 15th, 2015 at 2:53 am

6fs87g5sd9nf5mwtd5sm8s

[…]Every after in a even though we choose blogs that we read. Listed below would be the newest web-sites that we pick out […]